Design your Email Campaign (if starting from scratch)
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Marketing > Campaigns > Email . Click Create campaign
2. Here you will be able to create a campaign from scratch or, if preferred, you can switch to a pre-designed template. Click here for more details about our email template library.
3. If creating a campaign from scratch, use the drag-and-drop editor to design the layout of your email.
Learn more about the content blocks available through the drag-and-drop editor here.
4. Once you have completed your design click Save & Continue to Settings.
Customize your email template (if using a pre-built template)
Start with a pre-built email template that already includes your branding; logo and social media links. Then, easily customize your email template with simple drag-and-drop content blocks, styling, and more! No digital design knowledge is required.
📝 Note: If your store logo isn't displayed on your email template, you'll need to update your email brand settings. This will automatically populate your logo and social media links on all your marketing email templates.
1. Choose a content block to drag and drop into your email template
Simple content blocks include:
Heading Block – Personalize your email content and include merge tags such as first name, loyalty points, VIP tier, and unique referral program link.
Text block – Personalize your email content and include merge tags such as first name, loyalty points, VIP tier, and unique referral program link.
Image block – Add campaign images or product images to your email content. You can also add effects to your images, e.g. text overlay from the block settings.
Advanced content blocks include:
HTML Block – use HTML code to build your email from scratch
Menu Block – add in your store's menu links for easy shopping with minimal clicks required
Social Icons – Auto add your store's social media links from your email settings
Product block – Showcase a specific product from your store to your email content
Video block – Add a video URL to embed a hosted video in your email content
Discount block – Add a discount to your campaign to incentivize customers to shop again. This will automatically create discount codes in your store's connections (eCommerce and/or POS) that your customers can use either online or in-store. Please note: Discount codes are unique and can only be used once.
Shop Now (eCommerce only) – Link your customers' directly to the home page of your online store
Product recommendations block – Increase order value with recommended products for each customer based on their previous purchases and other customers just like them
Timer Block – Create a sense of urgency by adding a countdown to an important date like a sale or amount of time left to redeem a discount
2. Click Save
3. Send a test email (optional). If you want to preview your email campaign before you send, simply:
Click Send Preview
Enter your email address
Click Send Preview
This will send a test of your email campaign to your email address.
7. Click Next Step. This will automatically save your email campaign content ready to send to your customers.
Update your Email Campaign Settings
1.Enter your Campaign name. This campaign name is internal only and is to help you identify your campaign in the Campaigns dashboard.
2. Enter your subject line
💡 Quick tip: Have a clear and concise subject line. Tell your customers why they are receiving the email and the value they'll get from opening it. This will encourage customers to open your emails and read what's inside.
3. Confirm your Sender Name
💡Quick tip: It's important to let your customers know it's you. Include your store's name as your Sender name to help promote customer trust.
4. Confirm your Sender Email Address
💡Quick tip: Set up your custom domain in order to receive your customers' replies.
4. Under Boost Your Campaign:
Select the checkbox to automatically resend your campaign to customers who haven't opened the campaign after 48 hours
Enter a NEW subject line to re-capture your customers' attention
5. Choose your campaign's audience. Select to send to your entire customer database, or specific customer segment(s).
Review & send (or schedule) your email campaign
1. Review your subject line, Sender name, customers, and segments settings
2. Review your email campaign. Under Preview, Check your email campaign content and look carefully for typos before sending.
3. Choose when to send your email campaign
Send now – This will queue your email campaign to send right away.
Schedule for later – Choose the date and time that you'd like to send your email campaign.
4. Click Send Now (or Schedule Campaign). This will set up your email campaign to send at your desired time and date.
Understanding your Email Campaigns Insights
Marsello Insights dashboards helps you track the performance of your marketing over time! These new insights display the revenue generated from your Marsello marketing, whilst also giving an overview of how your email campaigns are performing.
How it works – Your customers' experience
When the customer receives the email campaign, they'll be able to open it and engage with your content, such as:
Text block merge tags – This will populate the content specific to the customer e.g. First name = Karen, Points balance = 156, VIP Tier = Gold Star
Shop now block – This will lead the customer to the home page of your online store
Discount block – The customer will see a Claim Code button which they can click to claim their unique discount code to use on their next purchase.
Product recommendations block – The customer will see unique products based on their purchase history and customers just like them.
If the customer decides they no longer want to receive email campaigns from your store, they can click the unsubscribe text link at the bottom of your email. They can then choose the types of emails they would like to unsubscribe from. This will then automatically update their Marsello customer profile and remove email as an available channel to contact the customer.