Before you get started:
Some details to note about merge tags before using them in Marsello:
Marsello comes with a set of merge tags prebuilt into the email editor.
These merge tags are available for use in both email Campaigns and Automations
Merge Tags Available in Marsello
Business Mailing Address
Coupon Terms of Conditions
Customer's First Name
Customer's Last Name
Customer's Points Balance
Customer's Referral Link
View Email in Browser Link
How to add merge tags to your email template
📝 Note: For the purposes of this guide, an email Campaign is used for illustrative purposes. You can use follow the same steps to add merge tags to an Automation.
1. In your Marsello admin go to Marketing > Campaigns > Email and click Create Campaign.
2. In the email template, double-click on the text block that you wish to add the merge tag. This will open up a second email editor.
3. In the text formatting tool, click Merge Tags
4. Click the merge tag option that you would like to add
Your merge tag placeholder will now show in your email template.
5. Click the Save button to save any changes to your email template
Customize your merge tag to match your brand style
You can customize the text style to match your brand. You can update the font, font color, font size, alignment, and more.
How it works – Your customers' experience
When the customer receives the email, they will be able to see your email personalization, such as their first name.