Combining two customer profiles into one
Occasionally, you may find multiple customer profiles in your customer database. This can happen if the customer's details have been added incorrectly or if the customer has multiple email addresses. This will create a separate customer profile in Marsello.
⚠️ Important: Before combining this customer's profiles into one. Please reach out to the customer and ask which email address they prefer to continue using.
In this article:
How to combine the customer's points balances
1. In your Marsello admin, navigate to Customers > All Customers
2. Identify the customer profiles by searching for their name or email address
3. Open the customer's profile that you want to remove
4. In this profile, click Actions > Adjust points balance
5. Under Points adjustment, enter a - (minus sign) and then their total points balance
- For example, email@example.com has 50 points, so you would enter in -50 to change their balance to 0.
7. Open the customer's profile that you want to keep
9. Under Points adjustment, add the points that you removed from the other profile
- For example, we need to add the 50 points from the customer's second profile, so we adjust by adding 50 points.
10. Click Apply points adjustment
The customer's profile will now have the total number of points that they've earned at your store.
How to remove one of the customer's profiles
1. Open the customer's profile that you want to remove
2. In this profile, click Actions > Remove Customer
️⚠️ Important: Please double check you have selected the correct customer before proceeding.
3. Click Yes, remove customer to confirm that you want to remove the customer.
The customer will no longer be part of your loyalty program or receive your marketing.
️️⚠️ Important: This will also remove them from your Marsello Subscription and will not be added back into your Marsello database the next time they shop or via import. The customer will need to be re-added via their customer profile within Marsello.