Add a Product Recommendation Content block to your email template
Product Recommendation is a content block that you can drag into any email flow and campaigns template. It will show recommended a personalized selection of products for every customer based on their previous purchases and customers like them.
The following pre-built Automations include the Product Recommendations content block by default:
- Thank First-time Customers
- Reward Your Best Customers
- Win Back Lapsed Customers
In this article:
- Add a Product Recommendation content block to your email template
- Edit the Product Recommendation content block settings
Add a Product Recommendation content block to your email template
2. Click Edit on the email flow that you would like to customize.
📝 Note: You need to disable the automation before you can make any edits. (This will prevent customers from entering or receiving further steps until the automation is enabled again.)
3. Click the edit icon to edit an email template.
4. In the email content builder on the right-hand side, click the Product Recommendations content block to drag and drop it in the desired position within your email template.
Your product recommendations content placeholder will now show in the email template.
Edit the Product Recommendations content block settings
Adjust the display settings of your Product Recommendations content block.
📝 Note: You cannot specify products displayed in the Product Recommendation content block – Marsello's algorithm will automatically personalize products for individual customers.
1. Click on the Product Recommendations content block in your email template.
2. In the General column on the right, you can adjust the following settings:
- Container Padding – how much empty-space is around the block
Clicking More Options allows you to adjust padding for each side individually.
- Button Text – the text that will be displayed on the button linking to the product in your store
- Button Color – the color of the button linking to the product in your store