Before you get started
Some key details to note about the Reward Your Best Customers Automation:
The Reward Your Best Customers Automation is prebuilt in your Marsello app admin and contains the following steps:
The automation is triggered when a customer's total spend is over $1,500
The first email is sent 1 week after the total spend has been reached, suggesting other items the customer may like
A second email is sent after another 1-week delay, rewarding customers with a 15% off coupon to use on their next purchase
A third email will follow after 5 days letting the customer know their coupon will expire in 2 days
The automation will then finish and the customer will not receive any more emails. Please note that the automation will also stop if a customer responds to an email and completes their purchase.
How to open the Reward Your Best Customers Automation for editing
1. In your Marsello app admin, go to Marketing > Automations. Select the Reward Your Best Customers Automation and click Edit.
Adding emails and delays to your automation
Encourage customers to use their thank you coupon by adding delays and emails to the flow and increasing the chance of another sale.
1. For Automations not currently enabled, please select edit and move on to step 2.
For Automations currently enabled, click the edit button to the right of the Automation's name in the Automation menu. This will trigger a pop-up asking you to disable the automation to edit if currently enabled. Click Yes, disable and edit.
2. Click the ⨁ icon to insert an email or delay into your flow
3. Select Email, SMS, Points, or Delay to add it to your flow
Modify triggers, delays, and email templates
Here you can adjust the blocks and ordering of your automation.
Monitor flow performance, and continue to make improvements to get the best results!
In addition to adding new emails and delays, you can:
Edit trigger settings
Adjust, clone, or delete delays
Edit, clone, or delete email templates
The Trigger dictates when the automation is initiated.
1. Click the settings icon to update the trigger settings
2. Set the order count that the first email will be triggered by
3. Click Save Changes
📝 Note: In order for this automation to send to first-time customers, it should trigger when the order count equals 1.
A Delay is the period of time between when one email sends and the next email in the flow will send.
1. Click the pencil icon to update the Delay settings
2. Select how much time to wait before the next email in the flow will send
3. Click Save changes
4. Click Clone step if you need to repeat a delay in the automation flow
5. Click delete if you want to delete the step
Email templates create the content and messaging of the actual emails that are sent to your customer.
To edit the content of your email templates, click the three horizontal lines to edit the email content
Click clone step to clone the email and add it as the next step in the flow
Click the delete to delete the email template
📖 Learn more: Here are some helpful guides with tips on customizing your emails.