Set up an email automation to thank first-time customers
🔓 Automation is unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
Sell more to first-time customers by sending them a thank you coupon to use on their next purchase.
Optimize your flow for performance by editing the content of emails, and adjusting delays.
In this article:
The default Thank First-Time Customers email automation
To access the Thank First-Time Customers email automation:
- In the app admin, go to Marketing > Automation > Thank First-Time Customers
The default flow for Thank First-Time Customers:
- The flow is triggered by a new customer completing their first purchase
- An email is sent thanking the new customer for their first purchase and offering a 10% off coupon for their next purchase
- The email flow will then finish and the customer will not receive any more emails
Adding emails, SMS, delays and/or points to your automation
Encourage customers to use their thank you coupon by adding delays and emails to the flow and increase the chance of another sale.
- On the Automation page, click Edit next to Thank First-Time Customers
💡Tip: If you are already on the Thank First-Time Customers preview page, click Actions > Edit Flow
- Click the ⨁ icon to insert an email, SMS, delay, or add points into your flow
- Select Email, SMS, Points, or Delay to add it to your flow
Ensure that you include a delay between emails in the flow, otherwise, customers will only receive the first email due to the safe-sending period of 2 hours between receiving emails.
Modify trigger, delay and email blocks
Here you can adjust the blocks and ordering of your automation.
Monitor flow performance, and continue to make improvements to get the best results!
In addition to adding new emails and delays, you can:
- Edit trigger settings
- Adjust, clone or delete delays
- Edit, clone or delete email templates
The Trigger dictates when the automation is initiated
- Click the settings icon to update the trigger settings
- Set the order count that the first email will be triggered by
- Click Save to confirm changes
📝 Note: In order for this automation to send to first-time customers, it should trigger when order count equals 1.
Email templates create the content and messaging of the actual emails that are sent to your customer
- Click the pencil icon to edit the email content
> Learn more about editing your email content here
> Learn more about removing and adding discounts to emails here
- Click the copy icon to clone the email and add it as a next step in the flow
- Click the trash icon to delete the email template