Earn points for Creating an Account
In this article:
How customers create an account with your store
For online stores: Marsello integrates into your eCommerce store accounts, which allows the customer to have just one account for your online store and loyalty program. They can create an account through your online store's built-in create an account form or easily during checkout.
📖 Learn more:
For in-store only store: Marsello integrates into your POS store accounts, which allows the customer to have just one account for your POS store and loyalty program. They can simply sign-up at checkout by giving their first name & email address or mobile number.
📖 Learn more:
For omnichannel stores: Marsello integrates into your eCommerce store accounts and POS customer accounts, which allows the customer to have just one account for your online store, in-store site, and loyalty program.
- When a customer signs-up in-store, and then creates an account online, Marsello automatically matches the customer by email address, giving the customer a loyalty profile that works in-store and online.
- When a customer signs-up online, and then creates an account in-store while making a purchase, Marsello automatically matches the customer by email address, giving the customer a loyalty profile that works online and in-store.
How to set points for your 'Create an account' reward
1. In your Marsello admin, under Loyalty, go to Earning Points & Referrals.
2. Next to Create an account, click edit
4. Click Save changes
How it works – your customers' experience
A customer can join your loyalty program by making a purchase or by signing up through your loyalty widget. When they join they will automatically receive their 'Create an account' reward points.
If a customer already has a customer account with your store, they simply won't see the option to 'create an account' in the Earn section of your loyalty widget.
📝Note: If you have your Points Earned automation turned on, your customer will automatically be notified by email. This email will let them know how many loyalty points they have earned, their new loyalty points balance, and how many points away they are from their next reward.
If you are still using the Earned Points loyalty notification, please view the How to move your loyalty notifications into automations article to enable the Points Earned automation.
Key benefits of the loyalty notification switch:
- REPORTING! You will now be able to track sends, opens, and clicks of your Loyalty emails - which has never been available before.
- Customization! You will be able to use automation templates and further customize the email using the familiar drag-and-drop builder so no more editing HTML
- You can now send Loyalty Notifications to your customers via SMS, check them out here
💡 Pro Tip: Give your new customers enough points for creating an account so they are close to unlocking their first reward. This will encourage them to spend again.
Track the performance of the create an account option
Once you've set up how many points your customers earn for creating a loyalty program account, you can track the progress. Here's how:
- In your Earning Points tab > Create an account, click the down arrow beside the edit button and then click View reporting.
- Customers who completed this action
- The amount of points they've earned
- The date they completed the action
Article is closed for comments.