Automatically sync your loyalty program and customer segment data to Mailchimp.
If you're not quite ready to leave Mailchimp (or you want to take some extra time to move all your email automation and campaigns over to Marsello), you can automatically sync your Shopify customer data to Mailchimp using Marsello's Mailchimp addon.
In this article:
Customer & loyalty program data that you can sync to Mailchimp
You can sync the following data fields:
Loyalty Point Balance
Days Since Last Order
Average Order Spend
Marsello Customer Segment
Connecting your Mailchimp account
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Integrations > Add-Ons
2. Next to Mailchimp, click Connect
3. Click Connect your Mailchimp Account
Here, you will see the 12 different loyalty programs and customer segment data that you can select to be synced to Mailchimp.
4. Log in to your Mailchimp account to finish connecting your account to Marsello
Your Mailchimp account will now be connected to your Marsello account.
Select the loyalty program and customer segment data to sync
1. Click Create new list or choose one of your current Mailchimp lists from the drop-down
Creating a new list will automatically create a new list in your Mailchimp account to sync your loyalty program & customer segment data.
If you select to create a new Mailchimp list, simply enter the required information and click Save.
OR If you selected your current Mailchimp list from the drop-down, then click Save.
2. Select up to 12 loyalty programs and customer segment data to sync to your Mailchimp account. To select the fields, simply click on the checkbox.
3. Click Save
Your selected loyalty program and customer segment data will now start syncing to your Mailchimp account and then automatically sync every 30 minutes.
I have received an error message saying I’ve exceeded my customer list?
Mailchimp only allows 30 fields in total to be on your Mailchimp list. This means that Marsello is unable to sync all of your chosen customer fields into your Mailchimp list.
To learn more about Mailchimp's list settings and how to review your fields see their support article: Manage List and Signup For Fields (see the section titled: Delete a Field in the List Settings).
Create a new Mailchimp list for your Marsello customer database to be synced into. This will ensure that you have enough space to sync all of your customer fields.
To do this simply:
1. Navigate back to the Mailchimp page in the Marsello breadcrumb
2. Click edit next to the Mailchimp list named: “Your list name”
3. Click Create new list
4. Enter the required information to create a new Mailchimp list including:
Email permission reminder
5. Click Save