When you connect Marsello to your Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) POS, formerly Vend a Marsello Discount Product is created in your Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) POS Product list. This product is then used to add a discount or reward to your customer's purchase. This product is created and set to Default Sales Tax in Lightspeed Retail (X-Series).
Update your Marsello Discount Product name in Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) POS
Change the name of the Marsello Discount Product to match the name of your Loyalty Program. When you connect Lightspeed Retail (X-series) POS, formerly Vend, to Marsello, a product is created to add loyalty rewards and email discounts to the sale. This article explains how to update the product name for Brand consistency.
Find or update the name of your Rewards Program in Marsello
1.In Marsello, navigate to Loyalty > Loyalty Widget
2. In the Widget tab, click Customize text / Translation
3. Click Go to text editor >
4. Select to Customize text for the Welcome page from the drop-down menu:
5. The name of your Rewards Program is in the Header text section:
6. If you made any changes, click Save & Publish.
Edit the Marsello Discount Product in Lightspeed Retail (X-series) POS
1. Login to Lightspeed Retail (X-series) POS as an Admin user or as a user with permission to edit products
2. Navigate to Catalog > Products
3. Search for Marsello Discount Product:
4. Click the pencil icon to edit the product
5. Update the product name and image as necessary and do not make any other changes
6. Click Save. Now, when customers or cashiers redeem rewards, they will better recognize the discount item on their receipt or on the Sell Screen.
Ensure the Marsello Discount Product is taxable for Lightspeed Retail POS (X-Series)
Ensuring that your Marsello Discount Product is Taxable helps to prevent calculation discrepancies for bookkeeping and reporting.
How to check and update the Marsello Discount Product in Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) POS
1. Log into your Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) POS account as a user with permission to edit products.
2. Navigate to your Products page and search for the Marsello Discount Product:
3. Click the pencil icon to edit the product.
4. Within the Edit Product page, scroll down to the Tax section and ensure that your Marsello Discount Product Tax settings are correct for each outlet
5. If you made any updates to the product, click Save in the top right corner to update your tax settings.
How It Works - Your Customers' Experience
If the Tax setting on the Marsello Discount Product is set to No Tax, your customers will be paying more tax and your reporting will not properly reconcile.
When the Marsello Discount Product is set to No Tax, the customer pays taxes on the original price of all products before the discount is applied.
When the Marsello Discount Product is set to a specific sales tax or Default Sales Tax, the customer pays the taxes on the discounted price of the products as long as they are sold at the same tax rate.
The Discount is then calculated with a negative value (for example, -$0.65) to ensure that the customer pays the correct tax % on their total when the tax rates match (for example, "HST" is the Default Sales Tax for all products in the sale).
Processing a return that contains a Marsello discount in Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) POS
How to process a return in Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) POS, formerly Vend, when your customer has redeemed a loyalty reward or email discount during their original purchase.