Send an SMS campaign to those customers who have provided a mobile number and accept marketing by creating a segment of SMS subscribers.
📝 Note: Marsello's segmentation feature automatically filters by customers who accept marketing. Customers who do not accept marketing will not appear in any segments.
Create an SMS subscribers segment
1. In the Marsello admin, go to Customers > Segments and click Create Segment
2. Name your segment e.g. SMS Customer List
3. Click Add Condition
4. Under the Customer fields, click Mobile
5. Next to the Mobile field, click on is to open the operator drop-down menu. From here select Has any value to segment by customers who have a mobile number listed in their Marsello customer profile.
6. Click Preview Segment to see a sample of the customers who fit the segment conditions.
In the preview, you can see how many customers currently have a mobile number listed on their Marsello customer account and a sample of these customers.
📝 Note: Marsello's Segmentation feature automatically filters by customers who accept marketing. Customers who do not accept marketing will not appear in any segments.
7. Click Save and Create Segment. Your segment will then be created and added to your Segments dashboard.
It will also be available to select under Campaigns Audience.
Additional segment options
You can also add Advanced Segment Conditions to your SMS segment to create a targeted group of customers, e.g. Customers with a mobile number who have a last purchase date before X date, or Customers with a mobile number who have previously purchased X product(s) etc.
Other useful segment conditions:
Mobile Country Code: This condition will allow you to target customers who are from a certain country (which has been detected from their mobile phone number) e.g. Mobile country code is CA for Canada or NZ for New Zealand.
Site purchased From: This condition will allow you to target customers who have purchased at a particular site e.g. Queen Street Store. This is great if you are looking to run a promotion for a particular store and you only want to target customers who most likely live nearby.
Age: This condition will allow you to target customers who are a certain age e.g. their age is greater than or equal to 21. This is great if you are looking to run a promotion where there is an age restriction of a particular product e.g. alcohol, vapes etc.