Set up your Abandoned Cart Recovery automation
Bring customers back to your store with an automated email flow when they abandon their shopping cart. Optimize your flow for performance by adjusting the content of emails, adding or removing emails, and adjusting delays.
In this article:
The default abandoned cart recovery automation
To access the Recovered Abandoned Cart automation:
1. In the Marsello admin, go to Marketing > Automation > Abandoned Cart Recovery
The default flow for Abandoned Cart Recovery:
- The flow is triggered by a customer leaving the website without finalizing their purchase
- The first email is sent 1 hour after the customer abandons their cart, prompting the customer to return and complete their order
- If the first email does not result in a purchase, a second email is sent after an 18-hour delay and then a third email 24 hours after that
- The email flow will then finish and the customer will not receive any more emails
📝Note: The email flow will also stop if a customer responds to an email and completes their purchase
Adding emails and delays to your automation
1. On the Automation page, click on the three dots next to Abandoned Cart Recovery and then click Edit Automation.
2. A window pop-up will show for disabling the automation to edit, click Yes, disable and edit.
3. Click the ⨁ icon to insert an email or delay into your flow
3. Select Email, SMS, Points or Delay to add it to your flow
Make sure that you put a delay between emails in the flow or Marsello will send your customer multiple emails at once.
Modify trigger, delay, and email blocks
Here you can adjust the blocks and order of your email flow.
Monitor flow performance, and continue to make improvements to get the best results!
In addition to adding new emails and delays, you can:
- Edit trigger settings
- Adjust, clone, or delete delays
- Edit, clone, or delete email templates
The Trigger dictates when the email flow is initiated
1. Click the settings icon to update the trigger settings
2. Set how long after the cart is abandoned that the first recovery email will be sent
Click save to confirm changes
A Delay is the period of time between when one email sends and the next email in the flow will send
1. Click the pencil icon to update the Delay settings
2. Select how much time to wait before the next email in the flow will send
Click Save changes to confirm changes
3. Click the three dots > Clone step to clone the Delay block
4. Click the three dots > Delete to delete the Delay block
Email templates create the content and messaging of the emails that are sent to your customers
- Click the pencil icon to edit the email template
2. Click the three dots > Clone step to clone the email template
3. Click the three dots > Delete to delete the email template