Creating $ off product collection rewards for BigCommerce
📝 Note: This reward type is recommended to be online only. If you want to have it available in-store as well, it requires strict staff training to ensure the sale is over the spending threshold.
In this article:
How to create a '$ off a product collection' reward in BigCommerce
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Loyalty > Rewards
2. Click Add Reward
3. Select type of reward: Click Fixed discount amount in the drop-down menu
4. Reward Title: Give your reward a title that lets your customers know which specific product is discounted
5. Discount amount: Enter the discount amount
6. Points cost: Set the number of points a customer needs to spend to redeem your reward
7. Under Advanced options, go to Selected Categories (online only)
8. Tick the collections that the reward refers to.
📝 Note: You can select multiple categories for the reward to apply to.
9. Under Terms, enter the terms that you want your members to abide by when using this reward
💡 Pro Tip: Examples of terms to include with your loyalty rewards
9. Click Create
Your new reward will now show on the Rewards page of your loyalty widget and is ready for your customers to redeem.
Tips for Success
- Get creative with your reward titles. Add variety and personality to your reward titles to create customer interest in redeeming rewards.
- Create three or more rewards to encourage customers to earn more and more points to spend. A rewards ladder gives your customers more flexibility to choose rewards they would like to earn points towards and encourages them to spend more in order to achieve higher point-cost rewards.
- In-store - Make sure your staff knows what your loyalty rewards are so they can inform customers at checkout. This will encourage your existing customers to be active with the loyalty program, and new customers to join.
- Find out what rewards your customers like - try creating rewards with different discount types and amounts and measure their success.
- It’s important to be sure you also include the relevant terms and conditions for rewards. Whether it's to encourage fair use or to protect your store, outlining exactly how and when your rewards can be redeemed ensures that your rewards are used as you intend them to be used.
How do customers redeem $ off product collection rewards?
- Online - The member adds the relevant products specified in the reward to their cart and their unique coupon code to the discounts bar at checkout. The reward discount is automatically applied to deduct the discount from the relevant products. If they do not add the relevant products to their cart, the reward will not work.
- In-Store - 📝 Note: This reward type is recommended to be online only.
Does the points cost get taken away from their balance when they redeem a reward?
Yes, as soon as a reward is redeemed, the customer's points balance is adjusted, removing the points cost, to prevent them from redeeming rewards they are not entitled to. This protects your store.
Why should I create rewards at different points cost?
A reward ladder entices your customers to earn points to spend on your rewards. It allows them to work towards a reward that is appealing to them and gives them the choice of the reward that they want the most. Loyalty programs with 3-5 rewards see greater success, in terms of customer engagement.
Can customers redeem more than one reward at a time?
Even if a customer has enough points to redeem multiple rewards, they can only use one reward discount code at checkout at a time.
Can a customer redeem their discount code more than once? No, reward discount codes are unique and only available for one-time use.
Article is closed for comments.