Blacklist customers from your loyalty program with Lightspeed Restaurant POS (O-Series)
📝 Note: Blacklisted customers can still be part of your email marketing list.
In this article:
Create a customer group in Lightspeed Restaurant (O-Series) POS
📝 Note: Marsello uses Lightspeed Restaurant (O-Series) POS's Customer Tag for Customer Blacklisting. If you already have a customer tag that you would like to exclude, please skip ahead to the next section.
1. In your Lightspeed Restaurant (O-Series) POS admin, go to People, and then click Customers
2. Search for the customer by name or email address
3. Click on the Customer's name to edit the customer's details
4. Under the customer's details, scroll to the User Management section
5. Create a new tag to use to blacklist your customers e.g. Loyalty Blacklist - Staff
Exclude a customer group from your loyalty program
1. In your Marsello app admin, go to Loyalty > Settings
2. Under Order Rewarding, go to Exclude customers that are tagged with one of:
3. Click to open the drop-down, then click the Lightspeed Restaurant (O-Series) POS Customer tag
4. Click Save
Now, customers with that Lightspeed Restaurant (O-Series) POS customer tag will be excluded from your loyalty program. They will not earn points when they make a purchase.
📝 Note: If you want to add the customer back into your loyalty program in the future, just remove the tag from the customer's Lightspeed Restaurant (O-Series) POS account.