Media Format Rules When Scheduling Posts
Each social platform supports different media sizes, formats, and resolutions. Follow these guidelines to ensure your posts are published at the best quality.
In this article:
- Instagram media requirements
- Facebook media requirements
- TikTok media requirements
- How to confirm media size and resolution in Marsello
Instagram media requirements
- Images larger than 1920 x 1080 resolution or 8MB in size will be compressed when publishing. This will reduce the image resolution and quality. To maintain the best image resolution, make sure your image is less than 1920 x 1080 and 8MB (or less than 6MB if you’re editing your image in Later).
- Videos wider than 1440px will be automatically scaled to 1440 width, and quality may be reduced.
- Instagram doesn’t support ProPhoto RGB, the standard color profile in Photoshop and Lightroom. If you use it, your images could look washed out when published.
- If your image doesn’t meet Instagram’s size, aspect ratio, and resolution guidelines, Instagram may crop and resize the image for the feed view. The image quality may be lower on your feed compared to the individual post view.
- Videos captured in HEVC are not supported for auto-publishing
Facebook media requirements
- Images over 10MB will be compressed which may result in a quality reduction when published. To avoid compression, use a file 10MB or less.
- Facebook does not support GIFs.
TikTok media requirements
How to confirm the size and media type in Marsello
1. In your Marsello app admin, go to Social > Media Library
2. This will open a list for your uploaded images. Go to the image you are looking to confirm and in the size column, you'll see the file size of the media item
3. Under the Type column, you'll be able to confirm the media type (.jpg, etc.)