Blacklist customers from loyalty in Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) POS
Blacklisting customers allows you to exclude certain customer groups such as staff, suppliers and other types of customers from your loyalty program. By default, all customers are included in your loyalty program.
📝Note: Blacklisted customers can still be part of your email marketing list.
For Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) Users
In this article:
Create a customer group in Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) POS
📝Note: Marsello uses Lightspeed (R-Series) POS, Customer Types for Customer Blacklisting. If you already have a customer type that you would like to exclude, please skip ahead to the next section.
1. In your Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) admin, go to Customers, and click Customer Types
2. On the Customer Types page, select +New Customer Type
3. Name your group, then click Save Changes. Your customer type will now be created in your Lightspeed account.
4. In the Customers navigation, Click Customers to return to your customer list.
5. Search for the customer you wish to edit by name or email.
6. Click on the customer you wish to edit.
7. From the type drop-down menu, select your new customer type.
Exclude a customer group from your loyalty program
1. In your Marsello app admin, go to Retain > Loyalty > Settings
2. Under Order Rewarding, go to Exclude customers that are tagged with one of:
3. Click to open the drop-down, then click customer type which should be excluded.
4. Click Save
Now, customers in this Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) POS customer type will be excluded from your loyalty program. They will not earn points when they make a purchase in-store.
📝Note: If you want to add the customer back into your loyalty program in the future, just remove them from the customer group in Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) POS.
Please sign in to leave a comment.