How to schedule Instagram Reels
You can now post Instagram Reels through Marsello. Reels are rapidly growing in popularity on Instagram and according to Meta, make up more than 20% of the time people spend on the social platform.
In this article:
What are Reels
Instagram reels are similar to TikTok videos where you can share a 60 or 90-second video you can customize by editing video clips and stitching them together, adding music, applying filters, writing captions, inserting interactive backgrounds, and adding stickers. Instagram has tried to make Reels fun and interactive, with opportunities for creators to go viral.
According to Instagram, Reels are entertaining, immersive videos where you can creatively express your brand, educate your audience, and get discovered by people who may love your business.
Instagram now has an entire tab in their mobile app dedicated to Reels. In this tab, you can see all Reels (not just the accounts you follow) and has dedicated an entire tab in the mobile app to Reels.
In this Reels tab, you can see all Reels and not just the accounts you follow.
How to schedule Reels through Marsello
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Aquire > Social > Posts > Create Post
2. Select your Instagram account from the Social Profiles menu
3. Select a video from your Media library that you'd like to share as Reels
4. Add in a caption for your post under Post Message. Select Post to Reel from the checkbox.
5. Scroll down the page to the lower left hand corner where you will have an option to schedule this Reel at a specific date and time. Add in the details of when you would like the Reel to post.
📝 Note: Once published, your Reel will post in both your feed and Reels. Reels cannot be posted to Reels only.
View your post on Instagram
1. To have a look at your Reel on Instagram, go to: Acquire > Social > Posts and click on the post you've created with the Reel.
2. Select View on Instagram
3. Your Reel will open in Instagram.
Add Sales Tracking to your Reels
1. To add sales tracking to your Reel on Instagram, go to Aquire > Social > Posts and click on the post you've created with the Reel.
2. Click Track Sales
3. Enter the sales tracking settings for your selected social post
- Product(s) Link: Enter the name of your product(s) into the POS and/or eCommerce box(s), then select the product from the drop-down list.Repeat for all product(s) showcased in your social post.
- Collection(s) Link: Enter the name of your product collection(s) into the POS and/or eCommerce box(s), then select the product from the drop-down list. Repeat for all collection(s) showcased in your social post.
- Promo Code Link: Enter the promo code that you've used in your social post.
📝Note: Promo code is a code that is generated in your POS or eCommerce platform.
📚 Read more: How to generate a Shopify promo code.
4. Customize your sales tracking window (optional)
💡 Tip: We recommend tracking a post for 24 hours for the strongest sales tracking.
5. ClickSave changes
Your social post's sales tracking settings have been saved.
- IF it's a historical social post: Marsello will begin to process any orders that occurred within the sales tracking window from the publish date, and match them against your sales tracking settings.
📝Note: This process can take up to an hour to display reporting depending on sales volumes in that window.
- IF it's a scheduled social post: Once published, Marsello will begin to process any orders that occurred within the sales tracking window from the publish date, and match them against your sales tracking settings.