There are several ways to earn points, and they will vary depending on one of the most recent points-earning action the member made before receiving the email. By default, your Points Earned Loyalty Automation will use the merge tag "Points given reason" to automatically fill in what reason a member has earned points for.
Edit your Points given reason in your Points Earned Loyalty Automation
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Loyalty > Loyalty Automations and click into your new Points Earned (Email) automation and select Edit Automation to begin customizing your email.
2. Select edit email.
3. Once you have the automation editor open you will be able to begin customizing your automation. Here you will be able to update the following settings:
Trigger: Select the cog icon next to the trigger feature to update or confirm your audience
Additional Steps: Select the "+" icon to open up the additional steps feature. This will allow you to add in a time delay for sending from when the customer enters the automation, additional email steps, additional SMS steps, or a points reward step.
4. Edit the contents of your message: To customize the contents of your message, simply click on the pencil icon next to the message to open the email editor. For additional help with using the editor, see our help center guide on creating an email campaign.
5. You can remove existing merge tags from the email by deleting the text and add new merge tags by adding them from the drop down list.
6. Once you have updated your email with your selected merge tags, click Save and return. You will then be taken back to the automation builder displaying the triggers, click Enable Automation when you are ready to begin sending your new Points Earned (Email) automation.
How the earned points reasons display in your messages:
Making a purchase
Points earned for general shopping in your store will send a 'Thanks for shopping!' email notification with the points earned from their order.
Creating an account
Points earned for creating a store account with your Shopify store will send a 'Thanks for creating an account' email notification with the points you've specified for this action.
📝 Note: Customers won't always earn points for creating an account.
Completing a profile
When a customer completes their profile by providing their birthday, gender, and phone number, they'll get a 'Thanks for completing your profile email notification.
On a member's birthday
Customers who have provided their birthday information will receive an email notification saying 'Happy Birthday!'
Leaving a product review
When a customer leaves a product review and earns points, they'll receive a 'Thanks for the review' email notification.
Referring a friend
When a customer refers a friend and earns points, they'll receive a 'Thanks for the friend referral' email notification.
Liking on Facebook
When a customer likes your page on Facebook, they'll receive a 'Thanks for liking us on Facebook' email notification.
Following on Twitter
When a customer follows your Twitter account, they'll receive a 'Thanks for following us on Twitter' email notification.
Following on Instagram
When a customer follows your Instagram account, they'll receive a 'Thanks for following on on Instagram' email notification.
Sharing on Facebook
When a customer shares your loyalty program on their Facebook page, they'll receive a 'Thanks for the Facebook share; email notification.
Sharing on Twitter
When a customer shares your loyalty program on their Twitter page, they'll receive a 'Thanks for the Twitter share' email notification.
Manually adding points
When you manually adjust a customer's points, they'll receive an email with a custom message that you can choose to enter.