Update how many points customers earn for making a purchase
Encourage customer loyalty by awarding points for every purchase they make. You can customize the number of points per $ spend to suit your store.
By default, your customers earn 1 point for every $1 they spend, however, this can be edited to reflect the desired amount you wish to reward your customers.
In this article:
- Update how many loyalty points customers earn for making a purchase
- How it works - your customers' experience
- Track the performance of the making a purchase option
Common questions this article will help answer:
• Can I update the amount of points a customer earns on my loyalty program?
• How can I edit how many points my customers earn?
• Where can I view the reporting of how many points my customers are earning?
Update how many loyalty points customers earn for making a purchase
1. In your Marsello admin, navigate to Loyalty > Earning Points & Referrals
2. Next to Making a purchase click Edit
3. Enter the number of points and per $ spend values you want to reward your customers
📝 Note: The minimum earn amount is 1 point per $0.10
4. Click Save
How it works - your customers' experience
Every time a customer makes a purchase, they will earn your chosen number of loyalty points per $ spent.
- 1 Point for every $1 spent, e.g. spends $40 = earns 40 points
- 2 Points for every $1 spent, e.g. spends $40 = earns 80 points
- 5 Points for every $1 spent, e.g. spends $40 = earns 200 points
If you have your Earned Points Email notification turned on, your customers will also receive an email notifying them of how many points they earned for their purchase.
Additionally, the next time they log in to their loyalty profile, they will see their new loyalty point balance and all rewards available.
Track the performance of the making a purchase option
Once you've set-up how many points your customers earn per purchase, you can track the progress. Here's how:
1. In your Earning Points tab > Making a Purchase
2. Click See Activity
This will open the insight page. Here you can see:
- Customers who completed this action
- Their order number for that purchase
- The amount of points they've earned
- The date they completed the action