Earn points for their birthday
Your customer birthday earn option helps you surprise and delight your customers on their special day and encourages them to come back and spend.
In this article:
- How to set the earn points amount for birthday
- How it works - your customers' experience
- Track the performance of the Customer Birthday option
Common questions this article will help answer:
• How can I capture my customers' birthdates?
• How can I incentivise my customers to enter their date of birth?
• How can I edit the number of points my customers earn for entering their birthdate?
How to set your 'Customer Birthday' points reward
1. In your Marsello admin, under Loyalty, go to Earning Points & Referrals.
2. Scroll to Customer Birthday
📝 Note: Make sure that Customer birthday is toggled to ON to be able to edit this.
3. Click Edit
4. Under Customer birthday, enter the number of loyalty points you would like to reward your members on their special day
5. Under Minimum Customer Enrolment Period (Months), enter how many months customers need to be enrolled in your loyalty program before they are eligible for a birthday reward (minimum 1 month)
6. Click Save
How it works – your customers' experience
When customers log in to their account and visit the Earn tab of your loyalty widget, they will see your On Your Birthday points reward.
Here, they can enter their birth date.
Then, on the customer's birthday, they will automatically earn points to make them feel special and to encourage them to make another purchase.
📝 Note: A customer needs to have an account for 1 month before they are eligible to earn birthday points. This is a fraud prevention measure so that customers don't just create accounts and claim birthday points immediately.
If you have your Points Earned automation turned on, your customer will automatically be notified by email. This email will let them know how many loyalty points they have earned, their new loyalty points balance, and how many points away they are from their next reward.
If you are still using the Earned Points loyalty notification, please view the How to move your loyalty notifications into automations article to enable the Points Earned automation.
Key benefits of the loyalty notification switch:
- REPORTING! You will now be able to track sends, opens, and clicks of your Loyalty emails - which has never been available before.
- Customization! You will be able to use automation templates and further customize the email using the familiar drag-and-drop builder so no more editing HTML
- You can now send Loyalty Notifications to your customers via SMS, check them out here
Track the performance of the Customer Birthday option
Once you've set up how many points your customers earn on their birthday, you can track the progress. Here's how:
1. In your Earning Points tab > Customer birthday
2. Click See Activity
This will open the insight page. Here you can see:
- Loyalty customers who have had a birthday
- The number of points they've earned
- The date they received their points