Earn points for their birthday
Your customer birthday earn option helps you surprise and delight your customers on their special day and encourages them to come back and spend.
In this article:
- How to set the earn points amount for birthday
- How it works - your customers' experience
- Track the performance of the Customer Birthday option
Common questions this article will help answer:
• How can I capture my customers' birthdates?
• How can I incentivise my customers to enter their date of birth?
• How can I edit the amount of points my customers earn for entering their birthdate?
How to set your 'Customer Birthday' points reward
1. In your Marsello admin, under Loyalty, go to Earning Points & Referrals.
2. Scroll to Customer Birthday
📝 Note: Make sure that Customer birthday is toggled to ON to be able to edit this.
3. Click Edit
4. Under Customer birthday, enter the number of loyalty points you would like to reward your members on their special day
5. Under Minimum Customer Enrolment Period (Months), enter how many months customers need to be enrolled in your loyalty program before they are eligible for a birthday reward (minimum 1 month)
6. Click Save
How it works – your customers' experience
When a customer logs in to their account and visits the Earn tab of your loyalty widget, they will see your On Your Birthday points reward.
Here, they can enter their birthday date.
Then, on the customer's birthday, they will automatically earn points to make them feel special and to encourage them to make another purchase.
📝 Note: A customer needs to have an account for 1 month before they are eligible to earn birthday points. This is a fraud prevention measure so that customers don't just create accounts and claim birthday points immediately.
If you have your Earned Points Email notification switched on, they will also receive an email letting them know that they’ve earned points.
Track the performance of the Customer Birthday option
Once you've set-up how many points your customers earn on their birthday, you can track the progress. Here's how:
1. In your Earning Points tab > Customer birthday
2. Click See Activity
This will open the insight page. Here you can see:
- Loyalty customers who have had a birthday
- The amount of points they've earned
- The date they received their points