COVID-19 Contact Tracing Form(s) provide an easy, contactless way for visitors to check-in using their own device at your brick-and-mortar location. When they check-in, they simply enter their details and also have the option to opt-in to receive marketing from your store. All check-ins are safely recorded under the form’s results and you can export if needed.
In this article:
- Create and customize a COVID-19 Contact Tracing Form
> Customize the Form
> Customize the Confirmation page (new customers)
> Customize the Confirmation page (existing customers)
- Review, enable the form & print your COVID-19 QR Code Flyer
- How it works – Your customers' experience
- Monitor visitor check-ins and reporting
Common questions answered in this article:
- How do customers check themselves in?
- Who are the customers who visited my store on Saturday?
Create and customize your COVID-19 Contact Tracing form
1. In the Marsello admin, go to Marketing > COVID-19 Contact Tracing.
2. Click Create Form to create a COVID-19 Contact Tracing form.
📝 Note: If you have multiple physical locations, you'll need to create a COVID-19 Contact Tracing form for each location.
Customize the Form
The Form section is where your customers will enter their details to check-in. First name, last name and email address are required fields, mobile and physical address and accepts marketing opt-in are recommended.
3. Customize the customer's detail collection form, here you can:
- Click on the form block to edit the fields and displayed text.
- You can also remove or add new form options.
📝 Note: The two form options Name & Email Address are required fields and cannot be removed.
4. Customize the design and content of your form using drag-and-drop content blocks.
Simple content blocks include:
- Button block
- Divider block
- Text block
- Image block
Dynamic blocks include:
- Logo block – Auto-add your store's logo from your email settings.
📝 Note: If your store logo isn't displayed when you drag-and-drop this logo block, you'll need to update your email brand settings. This will automatically populate your logo and social media links on all your marketing email templates and forms.
5. Click Save.
Customize the Confirmation page (new customers)
The confirmation page notifies new customers that they've successfully checked in to your store.
6. Click on the Checked In tab.
7. Customize the design of your Checked-In screen using drag-and-drop content blocks and editing the existing text.
8. Click Save.
Customize the Confirmation page (new customers)
The confirmation page notifies existing customers that they've successfully checked in to your store and welcomes them back.
9. Click on the Welcome Back tab.
10. Customize the design of your Welcome Back screen using drag-and-drop content blocks and editing the existing text.
11. Click Save.
12. Click Next Step in the top right-hand corner.
Review, enable your form & print your COVID-19 QR code flyer
1. Click Edit to name your COVID-19 Contact Tracing Form.
💡Quick Tip: Naming your form will make it much easier to identify if you have multiple physical locations, for example, 12 Queen Street form, etc.
2. In the preview, check your design and content of your COVID-19 contact tracing form.
3. Click Save & Enable.
4. Click Download your unique QR Code Flyer & print the A4 QR Code Flyer.
⚠️ Important: Each QR Code flyer is unique to the COVID-19 Contact Tracing Form, so please be careful if you are printing multiple flyers for different locations. Remember to display this in an easy place for customers to access by the entrance.
Your visitors will now be able to enter their details once they scan the QR Code from the flyer at your store.
How it works – Your customers' experience
When a visitor arrives at your physical location, they will be able to see the QR Code flyer displayed. The visitor can then scan the QR code using their camera on their phone.
This will open your unique COVID-19 Contact Tracing Form. The visitor can then enter their details and also opt-in to receive marketing from your store.
- If the visitor opts in to receive marketing they will be automatically be added to your Marsello customer list and be receive your next campaign or automation.
- If the visitor doesn't opt-in to marketing they will only be added to the COVID-19 Contact Tracing Form results and they will not receive any marketing from your store.
The visitor can then click check-in and then they will see a confirmation screen to let them know their check-in was successful.
If the visitor is a returning customer, they will not have to enter their details again when they scan the QR Code, they can simply click check-in and that will automatically be recorded.
All visitor and customer check-ins are recorded safely under your COVID-19 Contact Tracing Form results.
Monitor visitor check-ins and reporting
Each time a visitor and customer checks-in they are recorded in your Form report.
1. In your Marsello admin, under Marketing, go to COVID-19 Contact Tracing
2. Next to your COVID-19 Contact form, click View Check-19 Report
This will open the reporting page. Here you can see:
- Total Check-ins: Total number of visitors who have checked in
- Unique Visitors: Total number of unique visitors who have checked in
- Check-ins who accepted marketing: Visitors who have checked in and also opted in to receive marketing from your store
You can get an export of this report in the top right-hand corner.