Automation Template Library
Automation template options
The Marsello email automation template library contains pre-made campaigns to help make marketing easier. These basic templates offer a range of different layouts and are fully customizable to your store's brand.
Available templates include:
- Google Review Received
- Loyalty Reward Unlocked
- Points Earned
- Points Expiry Series
- Post-purchase Feedback
- Reward Discount
- VIP Tier Entry
📝Note: each template also indicates if a specific Marsello Pro feature needs to be enabled in order for it to send out.
Save your favorite automation templates by selecting the heart icon to access these templates quickly and easily under Favorite in Automation library.
Create your own email templates from scratch. Choose the layout, design, and basic content to help you standardize the email campaigns sent from your store.
💡Quick Tip: You can also save your email template during the campaign email editor by clicking Save as template in the drop-down options. This will save the email template using your Subject Line as the template name.
How to create and customize your own email automation template
Easily customize your email template by simple drag-and-drop content blocks, styling, and more! No digital design knowledge is required.
1. In your Marsello app admin, go to Automations > Create Automation > Create from scratch
2. Here you will be prompted to update the trigger settings for your custom automation. Here you can enter the automation's name, select the target audience, and when the automation will be sent.
3. By default, the automation will contain a single email step in the flow. To add another step in the flow, simply click on the "+" icon.
This will open up a menu where you can add the step of your choosing to the flow. here you can add in an email, an SMS message, add points to a customer's account or add in a delay in sending times. Once you have made your selection, click continue.
📝 Note: You can repeat this step as many times as needed to set up the schedule of how and when the automated messages will be sent.
4. To begin the process of adding a template from the template library to your automation, select the pencil icon to the right of the step you wish to add the template.
5. This will open the email editor. Please review your sender details and once everything looks good, select edit email.
6. To create a base email template structure, drag-and-drop the layout blocks to the email template.
7. Click on the layout block to further customize your email.
In the right-hand settings panel you can:
- Choose different Column layouts,
- Update the Background color,
- Update the Background content color,
- Add a Background image,
- and update the Responsive design options: Choose how your email template is viewed on different devices.
8. Choose a content block to drag and drop into your email template
Simple content blocks include:
- Columns block
- Button block
- Divider block
- Text block – Personalize your email content and include merge tags such as first name, loyalty points, VIP tier, and unique referral program link.
- Image block – Add campaign images or product images to your email content. You can also add effects to your images, e.g. text overlay from the block settings.
Advanced (or dynamic) content blocks include:
- Store Logo block – Auto-add your store's logo from your email settings
📝 Note: If your store logo isn't displayed on your email template, you'll need to update your email brand settings. This will automatically populate your logo and social media links on all your marketing email templates.
- Social Icons – Auto-add your store's social media links from your email settings.
- Product block – Showcase a specific product from your store to your email content.
- Video block – Add a video URL to embed a hosted video in your email content
- Shop Now (eCommerce only) – Link your customers directly to the home page of your online store.
- Product recommendations block – Increase order value with recommended products for each customer based on their previous purchases and other customers just like them.
⚠️ Important: The Discount Block is unable to be used for the email template designs. This block is required to be customized within the email template in the Campaign creation process.
9. Click Save
10. Send a test email (optional). If you want to preview your email campaign before you send, simply:
- Click Send preview
- Enter your email address or mobile number
- Click OK
⚠️ Important: The Advanced content blocks are all considered 'dynamic content'. Dynamic content like discounts and product recommendations will not be displayed in test emails. Campaign previews are designed to review the design and proof-read the content. If you would like to test the full customer experience, you can follow these instructions.
This will send a test of your campaign to your email address or mobile number.
11. Click Save & Return
This will automatically save your automation template to your automation library so it will be ready for you to use on your next email custom email automation.
Using email automation templates
1. In your Marsello app admin, go to Automations > Create Automation > Automation Library
2. Once the campaign editor is open, select change template.
3. This will open up the Marsello Automation Template Library. Select use template for the template you wish to apply to this step in the flow.
📝Note: Confirm you wish to proceed with the update via the popup and the format of this campaign will automatically update to match the template.
4. Make any required customizations to this email template and select Save
5. Select Send Preview to send a copy of this campaign to yourself to review.
6. Click Save & Return to make any further edits required for additional steps in the flow.
7. Select Save & Return again to return to the automation editor and select Enable Automation
Please sign in to leave a comment.