What are the best practices for a Shopify store?
This best practice guide will help ensure customers who checkout online will be automatically added to your Marsello loyalty program and receive the option to accept marketing or opt out of marketing. This guide will cover recommended settings for customer accounts, customer contact settings, Shopify forms, email marketing opt-in settings, and abandoned cart email settings which are all accessible through your Shopify Checkout Settings.
In this article:
- Shopify customer accounts settings(recommended)
- Shopify customer contact settings(recommended)
- Shopify form option settings(recommended)
- Shopify email marketing opt-in settings(recommended)
- Shopify abandoned cart email settings(recommended)
Shopify customer accounts settings (recommended)
Customers are automatically added to your loyalty program when they create a store account. They can do this by making a purchase in-store or online or by creating an account through your loyalty widget.
To make sure that customers can create a store account, check your Shopify Customer Accounts settings.
Set your Customer Accounts settings to: Accounts are optional
Shopify customer contact settings (recommended)
Under Customer Contact, you can choose if your customers can check out using their mobile number or email address, or just an email address. This setting will depend on your store's marketing strategy:
- If you are planning to use email marketing only, then we would recommend updating your primary contact method to be: Customer can only check out using email
- If you are planning to use email and SMS marketing, then we would recommend updating your primary contact method to be: Customers can check out using their phone number or email
Shopify form option settings (recommended)
For a customer to be successfully added to your loyalty program, Marsello requires the customer's First Name, Last Name, and email address.
Set your Shopify Form Option settings to: Require first and last name
Shopify Email Marketing opt-in settings (recommended)
Under Email Marketing, you can choose to collect marketing opt-ins from your customers.
Set your Email Marketing settings to:
- Select Show a sign-up option at checkout
- Make sure that Preselect the sign-up option remains unselected
⚠️Important: Your customers must be able to opt-in themselves to help comply with SMS and Email Marketing laws and regulations.
Shopify abandoned cart email settings (recommended)
If you have Marsello's abandoned cart recovery email flow enabled, we recommend that you disable your Shopify abandoned cart emails. This is to ensure customers that who have abandoned their shopping cart don't receive multiple abandoned cart emails at once.
Make sure that Send abandoned checkout emails automatically is un-selected.
Please sign in to leave a comment.