How to set your 'Celebrating their birthday' points reward
1. In your Marsello admin, under Loyalty > Earning Points > Celebrating their birthday and click edit
2. Under Customer birthday, enter the number of loyalty points you would like to reward your members on their special day
3. Under Minimum Customer Enrolment Period (Months), enter how many months customers need to be enrolled in your loyalty program before they are eligible for a birthday reward (minimum 1 month)
4. Click Save changes.
5. Back in the main earning points menu, toggle the ON/OFF button for the Celebrating their birthday earn option to ON.
How it works – your customers' experience
When customers log in to their account and visit the Earn tab of your loyalty widget, they will see your On Your Birthday points reward.
Here, they can enter their date of birth.
Then, on the customer's birthday, they will automatically earn points to make them feel special and to encourage them to make another purchase.
📝 Note: A customer needs to have an account for 1 month before they are eligible to earn birthday points. This is a fraud prevention measure so that customers don't just create accounts and claim birthday points immediately.
Track the performance of the Customer Birthday option
Once you've set up how many points your customers earn on their birthday, you can track the progress. Here's how:
1. In your Marsello admin, under Loyalty > Earning Points > Celebrating their birthday and click View Reporting
This will open the insight page. Here you can see:
Loyalty customers who have had a birthday
The number of points they've earned
The date they received their points