How to edit rewards
Edit rewards to update any of the current reward settings such as reward title, terms, or any of the advanced options.
⚠️ Important: Any discount codes that the customer has claimed and not yet redeemed are still active. The customer will still be able to use their unique reward discount code. Discount codes are unique and can only be used once.
📝Note: Rewards that were created before March 2019 are unable to be edited. Please create a new reward if you would like to make a change to an older reward.
In this article:
How to edit your reward
1. In your Marsello admin, under Loyalty, go to Rewards
2. Click on the Reward title of the reward you'd like to update
3. Under the reward details, click Edit on the right-hand side
4. Update your current reward settings. You can edit:
- Reward title
- Reward type
- Discount amount
- Advanced reward options
- Reward terms
On the left, you can see your current reward settings so you can check your updates before you confirm.
⚠️ Important: If you update your reward settings, please make any changes are reflected in the reward title.
5. Click Update to save your reward setting changes
Your new reward settings will then be saved. Customers who claim this reward discount code going forward will use these new reward settings.
Edit reward example: 10% off holiday decorations
This reward is currently not attached to the desired Product Collection. To update this:
1. Simply, click Advanced options
2. Under Discount applies to: click Selected Collections
3. Enter the Collection/Category Name
4. Update the Terms so the customer knows that they can only use the reward discount on products within that specific product collection.
5. Click Update
How it works – Your customers' experience
Once you've updated your reward, the next time the customer claims a reward, the reward will be created behind the scenes using your updated settings. The process for the customer to claim and redeem hasn't changed, they can continue as they normally would.
📝 Note: Any discount codes that the customer has claimed and not yet redeemed are still active. The customer will still be able to use their unique reward discount code. Discount codes are unique and can only be used once.