Before you get started
Here are some key details to note about adding emojis to SMS campaigns:
Emoji characters normally take up more character space than 1 normal character. When you add an emoji to your campaign, your character limit will immediately be reduced to 70 characters instead of 160. This limitation is across all providers in all countries.
💲 Pricing Information: SMS is an add-on feature through Marsello. You will need to have an active subscription to SMS before using this feature. To learn more about SMS pricing, click here.
Add emoji characters to SMS campaigns
1. In your Marsello app admin, go to Marketing > Campaigns > SMS and click Create Campaign.
2. Enter the details of your SMS message. Select the merge tag drop-down menu to auto-include information like the customer's first name, last name, points balance, and/or VIP tier.
3. Customize your SMS message further by including emojis. To open the emoji keyboard select the happy face icon.
4. Click Send Preview to review. You will receive a sample copy of what your customers will receive for review. Make any edits and re-review if needed.
5. Once you have reviewed your message and it is ready to send, click to Save & Continue to Review to confirm your audience and sending times and click Send or Schedule.