Prevent customers from earning points when purchasing a Lightspeed Retail POS (X-Series) Gift Card
Prevent customers from taking advantage of the Loyalty Program by blacklisting gift card purchases from earning points.
In this article:
- Add a tag to the Lightspeed Retailer (X-Series), formerly Vend, Gift Card Product so you can blacklist gift cards from earning points twice.
Add a tag to the Lightspeed Retailer (X-Series) Gift Card Product so you can blacklist gift cards from earning points twice.
If a customer purchases a $100 gift card, the Lightspeed Retailer (X-Series) Gift Card product is added to the sale. Marsello then applies points based on the amount the customer spent on the products purchased (in this case, $100 = 100 points). As a retailer, you don't earn the revenue from a gift card until it is spent on your merchandise, so we advise you to blacklist gift card purchases from earning points to prevent customers from taking advantage of the Loyalty Program.
Steps to follow:
1. In Lightspeed Retailer (X-Series), navigate to Catalog
2. Use the search bar or scroll to locate your Gift Card product
3. Click on the product's name: Gift Card
4. At the end of the URL, type: /update
5. Scroll down to the Tags section
6. Add a new tag, for example: gift-card
⚠️ Warning: Do not make any other changes to this product as it can cause irreversible damage to your Lightspeed Retailer (X-Series) account
7. Click Save
8. In Marsello, navigate to Loyalty > Settings
9. Scroll down to Lightspeed Retailer (Vend) Order Rewarding
10. Add your new tag to the "Do not reward points on products that belong to one of these categories"
11. Click Save
Article is closed for comments.