Choose when customers earn loyalty points for making a purchase with BigCommerce
Making a Purchase earning points setting
Every time a customer makes a purchase, their ticket is automatically synced to Marsello. If you have the Making a Purchase earn points option enabled, your customers will also earn points for their purchase.
Under the Loyalty program settings, you can see when loyalty points are earned. By default, your customers will earn loyalty points for their purchase if their ticket's payment status is: Complete.
Choose when customers earn points for making a purchase
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Loyalty > Settings
2. Under Order Rewarding, click Reward Points when Payment Status is one of:
3. From the drop-down, click to add or remove your preferred Payment Status options
📝 Note: You can choose to add more than one payment status. Your customers will only be rewarded loyalty points for their purchase once.
4. Click Save
How to check the order's payment status in BigCommerce
1. In your BigCommerce Admin, go to Order
2. Search for the order by Customer Name or Order ID
3. On the order line item, you can see the order's Payment Status
How it works – Your customers' experience
When the customer makes a purchase, their order details and payment status are automatically synced into your Marsello account.
If the order's payment status matches your Marsello Order Rewarding settings, the customer will automatically earn points for their order.
If you have the Earned Points Email notification turned on, the customer will also receive an email notifying them of how many points they earned for their purchase.