Setup checklist for Email Automation
In this article:
Customizing your email automations
Easily add your store's branding to your automation. Simply upload your store's logo and social media links during setup. These will automatically be added to all of your email templates. Or get a little more creative and customize your email layout and personalize the text.
🎨 Learn more: Customize your automated email templates
Incentivize customers to shop again with a unique discount code. In your email template builder, drag-and-drop the discount block into the email and customize the discount settings – it's just like creating a loyalty reward.
In the same email flow, you can choose to add the current discount to subsequent emails to remind your customers to redeem it on their next purchase. Or you can create an entirely new discount for the following email.
There's no need to create discount codes manually in your eCommerce platform. Discounts are automatically generated when the email sends to the customer. All discount codes are unique and only work once.
Currently, four email flows include pre-built discounts. These discounts have been designed from what we know works to increase sales. The default discounts are:
Personalized product recommendations
Add a product recommendation block to your automation to pull through 3 products the customer is most likely to purchase next based on their order history.
Currently, three automation include product recommendation block:
Your sender settings are used for all Marsello emails. When customers receive reward program emails and automated emails, they will see your sender name in their inbox.
📝Note: We recommend setting up a custom domain in addition to updating your sender name in Marsello. A custom domain will allow you to receive responses from customers if they reply to one of your automated emails.
Your physical store address & store URL are automatically added to the bottom of every email template and are pulled from your eCommerce account settings.
⚙ Update your email sender settings
When automation is turned on, emails will start sending to customers who meet the automation's trigger, including those who currently meet the criteria. The trigger defaults for the automation are:
- Abandoned Cart Recovery Automation (Shopify only): First email will send 1 hour after the customer has abandoned their shopping cart.
- Reward Your Best Customers email automation: The first email will start sending to customers that have spent over $1500.
- Say Happy Birthday email automation: The first email will start sending if the customer’s birthday is 7-days away.
- Win-back Lapsed Customers email automation: The first email will start sending to customers that haven’t purchased in over 60 days.
- Thank First-time Customers email automation: The first email will start sending to customers that have only made 1 order.
Monitor the performance:
Use Marsello's insights to track how the automation is performing - the customers that have entered the flow, the email results (sent, open, click rates), and most importantly, how many $ in additional sales made.