How to personalize your email marketing with merge tags
Merge tags allow you to personalize your email content for each and every customer. They can also be customized to match your branding. Merge tags can be added to your Campaigns and Automations email templates. Learn how to do this down below!
In this article:
Merge tags that you can use
Here's a list of merge tags that are available to use in Campaigns & Automations
- Business Mailing Address
- Coupon Terms of Conditions
- Customer's First Name
- Customer's Last Name
- Customer's Points Balance
- Customer's Referral Link
- Points Label
- Store Name
- Store URL
- Unsubscribe Link
- View Email in Browser Link
- VIP Tier
How to add merge tags to your email template
1. In your Marsello admin, under Email Marketing, go to Automation or Campaigns
📝 Note: An email campaign is used for this example.
2. Click Create Campaign & edit an email template
3. In the email template, click on the text content block
4. In the text formatting tool, click Merge Tags
5. Click the merge tag option that you would like to add
Your merge tag placeholder will now show in your email template.
6. Click the Save button to save any changes to your email template
Customize your merge tag to match your brand style
You can customize the text style to match your brand. You can update the font, font color, font size, alignment, and more.
⚠️ Important: Please ensure you have selected the entire merge tag before customizing the style. Selecting part of the merge tag only could cause the merge tag to break at the time of sending.
How it works – Your customers' experience
When the customer receives the email, they will be able to see your email personalization, such as their first name.