How to personalize your email marketing with merge tags
🔓 Campaigns & Automations are unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
Merge tags can be added into your Campaigns & Automation email templates. This allows you to personalize your email content for each and every customer.
In this article:
- Merge tags that you can use
- How to add merge tags to your email template
- Customize your merge tag to match your brand style
- How it works – Your customers experience
Merge tags that you can use
Here's a list of merge tags that are available to use in Campaigns & Automations
- Customer's First Name
- Customer's Last Name
- Store Name
- Store URL
- Coupon Terms of Conditions
- Customer's Points Balance
- Points Label
- VIP Tier
- Business Mailing Address
- Unsubscribe Link
How to add merge tags to your email template
📝 Note: An email campaign is used for this example.
2. Click New Campaign & complete the Campaign settings.
3. Click Next Step to edit an email template.
4. In the email template, click into the text content block.
5. In the text formatting tool, click Merge Tags
6. Click the merge tag option that you would like to add
7. Click Save to save any changes to your email template
Your merge tag placeholder will now show in your email template.
Customize your merge tag to match your brand style
You can customize the text style to match your brand. You can update the font, font color, font size, alignment, and more.
⚠️ Important: Please ensure you have selected the entire merge tag before customizing the style. Selecting part of the merge tag only could cause the merge tag to break at the time of sending.
How it works – Your customers' experience
When the customer receives the email, they will be able to see your email personalization, such as their first name and their loyalty points balance.