Earn points for sharing on Twitter
How to set the earn points amount for sharing on Twitter
1. In your Marsello admin, under Loyalty, go to Earning Points & Referrals
2. Under Sharing on Twitter, click Edit
3. Under How many points should be given? enter your loyalty points amount based on how much you value this action.
4. Under Share URL, add the URL that you would like for your customers to share; e.g. your online store's URL.
💡 Quick Tip: This doesn't always have to be your store URL. If you're launching new season stock, you could use your new collection page as your Share URL, or share your loyalty program link, by adding /?loyal to the end of your store URL.
5. Under Share Message, enter a quick message that your customers can share.
6. Click Save
How it works - Your customers' experience
When your customers log in to their account and visit the Earn tab of your loyalty widget, they will see your Tweet about us earn option.
Here, they can click Tweet about us which will open a tweet, pre-populated with your Share URL and message. All they need to do is click Tweet.
Here, they can click Tweet about us which will open a post, pre-populated with your Share URL and message. All they need to do is click Tweet. Once they've posted, they'll receive their points right away.
📝 Note: If you have your Points Earned automation turned on, your customer will automatically be notified by email. This email will let them know how many loyalty points they have earned, their new loyalty points balance, and how many points away they are from their next reward.
If you are still using the Earned Points loyalty notification, please view the How to move your loyalty notifications into automations article to enable the Points Earned automation.
Key benefits of the loyalty notification switch:
- REPORTING! You will now be able to track sends, opens, and clicks of your Loyalty emails - which has never been available before.
- Customization! You will be able to use automation templates and further customize the email using the familiar drag-and-drop builder so no more editing HTML
- You can now send Loyalty Notifications to your customers via SMS, check them out here
🗣 Common Question: How many times can the customer earn points for sharing on Twitter?
Customers can only earn points for ‘"Tweet about us" once. After this action has been completed, this earn option will be removed from their loyalty profile.
Track the performance of the sharing on Twitter option
Once you've set up how many points your customers earn for sharing your store on Twitter, you can track the progress. Here's how:
1. In your Earning Points tab > Sharing on Twitter
2. Click the down arrow beside the edit button and then click View reporting.
This will open the insight page. Here you can see:
- Customers who completed this action
- The amount of points they've earned
- The date they completed the action