Staff Training - How to redeem $ & % off rewards in-store with Vend on Google Chrome (Laptop or Desktop)
Vend Redemption: When a customer has earned enough points to redeem a loyalty reward or has claimed a discount code sent via email marketing, they can redeem the discount code in-store by telling the staff member at checkout.
In this article:
⚠️ Important: Please ensure you have installed the Marsello Chrome Extension on every device you use to process sales.
Types of rewards you can create with Vend via Google Chrome
These are the discount types that you can create with Vend via Google Chrome:
✨ $ off storewide
✨ % off storewide
✨ Free Product (product needs to be added to the sale)
How staff redeem discounts in Vend via the Marsello Chrome Extension
- Add the customer's products that they want to buy to the sale
- Add the customer to the sale by searching for them by name or email address and clicking on their profile to add them to the sale
- Add the customer to the sale by clicking Add Customer and then searching for them by name or email address.
📝 Note: If they are a new customer, please click New and enter their full name and email address to create them as a customer.
- Click on the customer's name to open their Vend customer profile
- Under the Vend customer profile, click the Check Rewards button
- If the customer has a loyalty reward or email discount available, the staff member can click Redeem next to the discount title to add it to the sale
The discount will then automatically be added to the sale.
📝 Note: If redeeming a Free Product reward, the Free product must be added to the sale first.
If the customer redeemed a discount as part of their order, then:
- If they redeemed a loyalty reward, the loyalty points cost of that reward will be removed from their loyalty points balance at the same time that the discount is added to the sale. The customer's unique discount code will be displayed as the 'Addon Code' field.
- OR If they redeemed an email discount, the discount code will be removed from their account ensuring that they cannot use it again. The customer's unique discount code will be displayed in the product line notes.
7. Complete the Sale
Once the sale has been completed, the customer will earn loyalty points for their purchase.