Redeeming reward codes on Chrome in-store with Lightspeed Retail (X-Series)
In this article:
⚠️ Important: Please ensure you have installed the Marsello Chrome Extension on every device you use to process sales.
Types of rewards you can create with Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) via Google Chrome
These are the discount types that you can create with Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) via Google Chrome:
How staff redeem discounts in Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) via the Marsello Chrome Extension
1. Add the customer's products that they want to buy to the sale
2. Add the customer to the sale by searching for them by name or email address and clicking on their profile to add them to the sale
3. Add the customer to the sale by clicking Add Customer and then searching for them by name or email address.
📝 Note: If they are a new customer, please click New and enter their full name and email address to create them as a customer.
4. Click on the customer's name to open their Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) customer profile
5. Under the Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) customer profile, click the Check Rewards button
📝 Note: The customer profile must have an email address associated with it for the Check Rewards button to pull up reward information. This is because Marsello uses the customer's email address as the unique identifier.
6. If the customer has a loyalty reward or email discount available, the staff member can click Redeem next to the discount title to add it to the sale
7. The discount will then automatically be added to the sale.
📝 Note: If redeeming a Free Product reward, the Free product must be added to the sale first.
If the customer redeemed a discount as part of their order, then:
- If they redeemed a loyalty reward, the loyalty points cost of that reward will be removed from their loyalty points balance at the same time that the discount is added to the sale. The customer's unique discount code will be displayed in the 'Addon Code' field.
- OR If they redeemed an email discount, the discount code will be removed from their account ensuring that they cannot use it again. The customer's unique discount code will be displayed in the product line notes.
8. Complete the Sale
Once the sale has been completed, the customer will earn loyalty points for their purchase.