Enabling your customers to earn points for following your Instagram page is a great way to grow your following and get your customers involved in your Loyalty Program at the same time.
In this article:
- How to set the earn points amount for following on Instagram
- How it works - Your customers' experience
- Track the performance of the following on Instagram option
Common questions this article will answer:
• How can I encourage my customers to follow my Instagram page?
• How do customers earn points for following my Instagram page?
• How many times can the customer earn points for following on Instagram?
How to set the earn points amount for Instagram follows
1. In your Marsello admin, under Loyalty, go to Earning Points & Referrals.
2. Under Following on Instagram, click Edit
📝 Note: Make sure that Following on Instagram is toggled to on to be able to edit this.
3. Under How many points should be given? enter your loyalty points amount, based on how much you value this action
💡Pro Tip: If you have a particular social media channel that you want to grow, set a higher points reward to encourage members to follow that one.
4. Enter your Instagram username
5. Click Save
How it works - your customers' experience
On the customer’s loyalty profile, under the Earn Tab, they will see the ability click through to earn points for ‘Follow us on Instagram’.
Once the customer has followed your store on Instagram, they’ll receive their points straight away.
📝 Note: If you have your Earned Points Email turned on, your customer will also be automatically notified by email. This email will let them know how many loyalty points they have earned, their new loyalty points balance, and how many points away they are from their next reward.
🗣 Common Question: How many times can the customer earn points for following on Instagram?
Customers can only earn points for ‘Follow us on Instagram’ once. After this action has been completed, this earn option will be removed from their loyalty profile.
Track the performance of the following on Instagram option
Once you've set-up how many points your customers earn for following your store's Instagram page, you can track the progress. Here's how:
1. In your Earning Points tab > Following on Instagram
2. Click See Activity
This will open the insight page. Here you can see:
- Customers who completed this action
- The amount of points they've earned
- The date they completed the action