Earn points for following on Instagram
In this article:
How to set the earn points amount for Instagram follows
1. In your Marsello admin, under Loyalty, go to Earning Points & Referrals
2. Under Following on Instagram, click Edit
📝 Note: Make sure that Following on Instagram is toggled on to be able to edit this.
3. Under How many points should be given? enter your loyalty points amount, based on how much you value this action
💡Pro Tip: If you have a particular social media channel that you want to grow, set a higher points reward to encourage members to follow that one.
4. Enter your Instagram username
5. Click Save
How it works - your customers' experience
On the customer’s loyalty profile, under the Earn Tab, they will see the ability to click through to earn points for ‘Follow us on Instagram’.
Once the customer has followed your store on Instagram, they’ll receive their points straight away.
📝 Note: If you have your Points Earned automation turned on, your customer will automatically be notified by email. This email will let them know how many loyalty points they have earned, their new loyalty points balance, and how many points away they are from their next reward.
If you are still using the Earned Points loyalty notification, please view the How to move your loyalty notifications into automations article to enable the Points Earned automation.
Key benefits of the loyalty notification switch:
- REPORTING! You will now be able to track sends, opens, and clicks of your Loyalty emails - which has never been available before.
- Customization! You will be able to use automation templates and further customize the email using the familiar drag-and-drop builder so no more editing HTML
- You can now send Loyalty Notifications to your customers via SMS, check them out here
🗣 Common Question: How many times can the customer earn points for following on Instagram?
Customers can only earn points for ‘Follow us on Instagram’ once. After this action has been completed, this earn option will be removed from their loyalty profile.
Track the performance of the following on Instagram option
Once you've set up how many points your customers earn for following your store's Instagram page, you can track the progress. Here's how:
1. In your Earning Points tab > Following on Instagram
2. Click the down arrow beside the edit button and then click View reporting.
This will open the insight page. Here you can see:
- Customers who completed this action
- The number of points they've earned
- The date they completed the action