Blacklist customers from your loyalty program with Vend
🔓 Customer Blacklisting is unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
Blacklisting customers allows you to exclude certain customer groups from your loyalty program. By default, all customers are included in your loyalty program.
📝 Note: Blacklisted customers can still be part of your email marketing list.
In this article:
- Create a customer group in Vend
- Exclude a customer group from your loyalty program
- How it works – Your customers' experience
Create a customer group in Vend
📝 Note: Marsello uses Vend's Customer Group for Customer Blacklisting. If you already have a customer group that you would like to exclude, please skip ahead to the next section.
1. In your Vend admin, go to the Customers, and click Groups
2. On the Customer Groups page, click Add Group
3. Name your group, then click Add Group
Your customer group will now be created in your Vend account.
4. In the Customers nav, Click Customers to return to your customer list.
5. Search for the customer by name, customer code or contact details
6. Click on the Pencil Icon to to edit the customer's details
7. Click the Customer group drop-down and select your new customer group
8. Click Save Customer to assign that customer to the group
Repeat this for all of the customers that you would like to exclude from your loyalty program.
Exclude a customer group from your loyalty program
1. In your Marsello app admin, go to Settings
2. Under Order Rewarding, go to Exclude customers that are tagged with one of:
3. Click to open the drop-down, then click the Vend Customer group tag
4. Click Save
Now, customers in this Vend customer group will be excluded from your loyalty program. They will not earn points when they make a purchase in-store.
📝 Note: If you want to add the customer back into your loyalty program in the future, just remove them from the customer group in Vend.