Blacklist product categories from your loyalty program with Vend
🔓 Product Category Blacklisting is unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
Blacklisting product category(s) allows you to exclude certain products from your loyalty program so that customers can't earn points for purchasing those products from the specified category.
By default, your customers can earn points for purchasing any product from any category.
In this article:
- How to exclude product categories from your loyalty program
- How it works – Your customers' experience
How to exclude product categories from your loyalty program
📝 Note: Marsello uses Vend's Product Tag for Product Category Blacklisting.
1. In your Marsello admin, go to your Loyalty tab and select Settings
2. On this page, scroll down to your store's Vend Order Rewarding, go to Do not reward points on products that belong to one of these categories
3. Click to open the drop-down, then click the Product Tag that you would like to exclude from your loyalty program
📝 Note: If you have just added the product to the product category, it can take 15mins to sync into Marsello settings. You can also exclude as many Vend Product Tags from your loyalty program as needed.
4. Click Save
How it works – Your customers' experience
If the customer's purchase includes a product that is in the blacklisted category, the customer will not earn points for that particular product.
In your Marsello admin, under the customer's profile, this will show as a line item in the points calculation.
📝 Note: If the customer has other products that are not a part of the blacklisted category, the customer can still earn points for those products.