Staff Training - How to reward points for purchases in-store with Cin7
In this article:
- How to reward points for in-store purchases
- How it works – Your customers' experience
- How to check how many points the customer earned
⚠️ Important: Please ensure you have installed the Marsello Chrome Extension on every desktop you use to access the Cin7 POS in-store. Learn more.
How to reward loyalty points for in-store purchases
For customers to earn loyalty points for their purchase, all your staff need to do is add the customer to the sale in Cin7.
1. Add the customer's products that they want to buy to the sale
2. Add the customer to the sale by clicking Add Customer and then searching for them by name or email address
📝Note: If the customer is not part of your Loyalty program yet, tap New to create a new customer. Learn more.
3. Complete the sale
Your customer will automatically receive their loyalty points once the sale is completed in Cin7.
How it works – Your customers' experience
The customer will automatically earn points for their order and if you have your Earned Points Email turned on, they will automatically be notified by email. This email will let them know how many loyalty points they have earned, their new loyalty points balance, and how many points they are away from their next reward.
Check how many points the customer earned
Every time a customer makes a purchase, the order is automatically synced to the customer's profile in Marsello. If you have the Making a Purchase earn points option enabled, customers, will also earn points for their purchase.
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Customers
2. Search for the customer by name or email address
3. Click the customer's name to open their profile
4. Under the customer's profile, under Orders, look for the customer's order ID
Under the order details, you can see information on each order, including:
- Order ID: This is the unique ID that Cin7 uses to identify the customer's order, this is also hyperlinked to the order in your Cin7 Back Office.
- Grand Total: The total amount of the order
- Points Awarded: The number of points the customer earned for their order
- Points Calculation: This is a breakdown of how Marsello calculated the number of points that the customer earned for their order. Marsello uses your Order Rewarding Settings to determine if the customer should earn points for their order and how many points they should receive. Learn more.