Blacklist product categories from your loyalty program with Cin7
🔓 Product Blacklisting is unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
Blacklisting product category(s) allows you to exclude certain products from your loyalty program so that customers can't earn points for purchasing those products from the specified category.
By default, your customers can earn points for purchasing any product from any category.
In this article:
- How to exclude product categories from your loyalty program
- How it works – Your customers' experience
How to exclude product categories from your loyalty program
📝Note: Marsello uses Cin7's selected sub-category for Product Category Blacklisting.
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Settings
2. Under Cin7 Order Rewarding, scroll to Do not reward points on products that are tagged with one of these categories:
3. Click to open the drop-down, then click the Sub-Category that you would like to exclude from your loyalty program
📝 Note: If you have just added the product to the product category, it can take 15mins to sync into Marsello settings.
How it works – Your customers' experience
If the customer's purchase includes a product that is in the blacklisted category, the customer will not earn points for that particular product.
In your Marsello admin, under the customer's profile, this will show as a line item in the points calculation.
📝 Note: If the customer has other products that are not a part of the blacklisted category, the customer can still earn points for those products.