Create a VIP Program
In this article:
How to create VIP Program
1. In the Marsello admin, go to Loyalty > VIP Program
2. Under Member, click Add a Tier
📝 Note: You can create up to three VIP tiers, and customize each tiers' entry requirements and earning point rates.
3. Give your VIP Tier a title
4. Enter how many points the customer must earn to enter the VIP tier
5. Choose how many points customers earn for making a purchase on this VIP tier
6. Click Save
Your VIP tier will be added to your VIP Program. Repeat this step if you would like to add an additional tier. There is a maximum of three tiers.
💡 Quick Tip: Create tier exclusive rewards to incentivize customers to come back again and again and move up the VIP tiers. Tier rewards are inclusive by default (allowing customers access to the rewards on their current tier and the tiers below them). However, tier rewards can be set as tier exclusive (allowing customers access to the rewards on their current tier only).
How to turn on the VIP tier entry email (optional)
When the customer earns enough points to enter a higher loyalty tier, you can automatically notify them by email.
1. Click on the loyalty tier tab
2. Select the tick box Send customers an email notification when they enter the tier
This will turn on the VIP Tier entry notification ready to send to customers as they enter your VIP tier.
📝 Note: You can customize the content and design of each tier entry email by clicking Preview and edit email or on the Loyalty > Email Notifications page.
How to turn on your VIP Program
When you are finished customizing your VIP tiers, simply turn on your VIP Program to start displaying it to your customers.
1. In the Marsello admin, go to Loyalty, click VIP Program
2. Click the ON/OFF toggle to turn on your VIP Program
The toggle will then switch to ON and your VIP Program will now be visible to your customers on the loyalty widget.
How it works – your customers' experience
When the customer has earned enough points to enter a higher loyalty tier they will automatically be notified by email (if enabled).
The next time they make a purchase in-store or online, they will earn points using the VIP tier's earning points rules e.g. 2 points for every $1 spent.
The customer's VIP status will be displayed on your loyalty widget earn tab. Here they can identify how many points they've ever earned and how many points they can earn with each purchase.