How to update to the new loyalty widget on your BigCommerce store
BigCommerce has two different online store theme types, Stencil theme and a Blueprint theme. Depending on the theme that you use, you may need to update your theme's code to add the new loyalty widget to your store.
> If you are using the Stencil theme, the new loyalty widget installed automatically when you click Save & Publish.
> If you are using the Blueprint theme, you will need to follow this guide to update your store's theme from the existing loyalty widget code to the new loyalty widget code.
In this article:
- Find out which BigCommerce theme type your store uses
- Find and replace your loyalty widget script
Find out which BigCommerce theme type your online store uses
A quick way to tell what online theme type you currently have applied to your storefront is in your BigCommerce account, go to the Storefront menu.
> If the Storefront menu shows Footer Scripts as an option, you are using a Stencil Theme. The new loyalty widget will be installed automatically when you click Save & Publish.
> If the Storefront menu shows the Mobile Theme Settings, you are using a Blueprint theme.
> You can find out more about the different theme platforms here
Find and replace your loyalty widget script
1. In your BigCommerce admin, go to Storefront.
2. Under My Themes, click Edit HTML/CSS
The template file editor will open in your homepage template file, default.html
3. Using your computer's search function, find the loyalty widget code by searching for this text:
4. To update your loyalty widget code, replace the word "Custom" from the link with "Widget". So that it looks like the below:
5. Click Save to apply this script to your live store.
Your new loyalty widget should now be live on your BigCommerce store 🎉