Points for product reviews left on a BigCommerce store
In this article:
Enable Product Reviews in BigCommerce
📝 Note: To reward customers points for leaving product reviews, please ensure you have enabled BigCommerce's Product Reviews feature.
1. In your BigCommerce admin, go to Settings > Products > Comments
2. Next to I want to use, select Built-In
3. Click Save
4. Click on the Built-In tab at the top of this page.
5. Next to Enable For, select the Product Review box.
6. Click Save
📝 Note: In order to match the product review to the customer, they will need to enter their email address when leaving a review.
How to set the earn points amount for Product Reviews
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Loyalty > Earning Points & Referrals.
2. Under Product Reviews, click Edit
📝 Note: Make sure that Product Reviews is toggled ON to be able to edit this.
3. Under How many points should be given? enter your loyalty points amount, based on how much you value this action
- Enter the number of times and the frequency that the customer can earn points for leaving a product review within the specified timeframe.
- Add the minimum number of characters required in the review before the customer will be rewarded points. This is optional and defaulted to 0.
How it works - your customers' experience
On the customer’s loyalty profile, under the Earn Tab, they will see the ability to earn points for ‘Product Reviews’.
The customer can write a review on the product page via the BigCommerce Product Reviews feature, once it is submitted, they will earn points for this action.
📝 Note: In order to match the product review to the customer, they will need to enter their email address when leaving a review. If the customer doesn't leave their email address they will not earn points for this action.
If a customer chooses to leave an additional review, they will only receive points the number of times you have specified in your settings.
📝Note: If you have your Points Earned automation turned on, your customer will automatically be notified by email. This email will let them know how many loyalty points they have earned, their new loyalty points balance, and how many points away they are from their next reward.
If you are still using the Earned Points loyalty notification, please view the How to move your loyalty notifications into automation article to enable the Points Earned automation.
Track the performance of the product reviews with BigCommerce
You can see who has earned points for leaving a product review and when.
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Loyalty > Earning Points & Referrals
2. Under Product Reviews, click on the drop down window and select View Reporting
This will open the insight page. Here you can see:
- Customers who completed this action
- The amount of points they've earned
- The date they completed the action
Article is closed for comments.