Staff Training - How to redeem rewards or email discounts in-store with Vend on iOS (Apple iPad)
Vend Redemption: When a customer has earned enough points to redeem a loyalty reward or has claimed a discount code sent via email marketing, they can redeem the discount code in-store by telling the staff member at checkout.
In this article:
- Types of discounts you can create with Vend IOS (Apple iPad)
- How staff redeem discounts in Vend
️Types of rewards you can create with Vend IOS App (Apple iPad)
These are the discount types that you can create with Vend IOS App:
✨ $ off storewide (most common)
✨ % off storewide (most common)
✨ Free Product
✨ $ off a specific product
✨ % off a specific product
✨ $ off a specific product category
✨ % off a specific product category
✨ $ off when the customer's minimum spend is over $X
✨ % off when the customer's minimum spend is over $X
Learn more: Types of loyalty rewards & email discounts that you can create.
How staff redeem discounts in Vend POS
You can redeem available loyalty rewards and email discounts easily at checkout.
1. Add the customer's products that they want to buy to the sale
2. Add the customer to the sale by searching for them by name or email address
3. Tap on the Share icon in the top-right corner
4. Under the Share icon, tap Marsello for Vend
4. If the customer has a loyalty reward or email discount available, the staff member can click redeem next to the discount title to add it to the sale
The discount will then automatically be added to the sale.
If the customer redeemed a discount as part of their order, then:
- If they redeemed a loyalty reward, the loyalty points cost of that reward will be removed from their loyalty points balance at the same time that the discount is added to the sale. The customer's unique discount code will be displayed as part of the discount's details.
- OR If they redeemed an email discount, the discount code will be removed from their account ensuring that they cannot use it again. The customer's unique discount code will be displayed as part of the discount's details
5. Complete the sale
Once the sale has been completed, the customer will earn loyalty points for their purchase.