Choose when customers earn loyalty points for making a purchase with Lightspeed Retail (X-Series)
In this article:
Making a Purchase earning points setting
Every time a customer makes a purchase, their order is automatically synced to Marsello. If you have the Making a Purchase earn points option enabled, your customers will also earn points for their purchase.
Under Loyalty > Settings, you can see when loyalty points are earned. By default, your customers will earn loyalty points for their purchase if their order's payment status is: Closed, LaybyClosed or OnAccountClosed.
Choose when customers earn points for making a purchase
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Loyalty > Settings
2. Under Vend Order Rewarding, click Reward Points when Payment Status is one of:
3. From the drop-down, click to add or remove your preferred Payment Status options
How to check the order's payment status in Lightspeed Retail (X-Series):
1. In your Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) Admin, go to Sell
2. Click Sales History
3. Search for the order by Customer Name or Receipt Number
4. On the order line item, you can see the order's Payment Status
How it works – Your customers' experience
When the customer makes a purchase, their order details and payment status are automatically synced into your Marsello account.
If the order's payment status matches your Marsello Order Rewarding settings, the customer will automatically earn points for their order.
If you have the Earned Points Email notification turned on, the customer will also receive an email notifying how many points they earned for their purchase.