Blacklist customers from your loyalty program with Lightspeed Kounta POS
🔓Customer Blacklisting is unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
Blacklisting customers allows you to exclude certain customer groups from your loyalty program. By default, all customers are included in your loyalty program.
📝 Note: Blacklisted customers can still be part of your email marketing list.
In this article:
- Create a customer group in Lightspeed Kounta POS
- Exclude a customer group from your loyalty program
- How it works – Your customers' experience
Create a customer group in Lightspeed Kounta POS
📝 Note: Marsello uses Lightspeed Kounta POS's Customer Tag for Customer Blacklisting. If you already have a customer tag that you would like to exclude, please skip ahead to the next section.
1. In your Lightspeed Kounta POS admin, go to People, and then click Customers
2. Search for the customer by name or email address
3. Click on the Customer's name to edit the customer's details
4. Under the customer's details, scroll to the User Management section
5. Create a new tag to use to blacklist your customers e.g. Loyalty Blacklist - Staff
6. Click Save Customer to assign that tag to the customer
Repeat this for all of the customers in Lightspeed Kounta POS that you would like to exclude from your loyalty program.
Exclude a customer group from your loyalty program
1. In your Marsello app admin, go to Loyalty > Settings
2. Under Order Rewarding, go to Exclude customers that are tagged with one of:
3. Click to open the drop-down, then click the Lightspeed Kounta POS Customer tag
4. Click Save
Now, customers with that Lightspeed Kounta POS customer tag will be excluded from your loyalty program. They will not earn points when they make a purchase.
📝 Note: If you want to add the customer back into your loyalty program in the future, just remove the tag from the customer's Lightspeed Kounta POS account.