Staff Training - How to redeem rewards or email discounts in-store with Cin7
Cin7 Redemption: When a customer has earned enough points to redeem a loyalty reward or has claimed a discount code sent via email marketing, they can redeem the discount code in-store by telling the staff member at checkout.
In this article:
⚠️ Important: Please ensure you have installed the Marsello Chrome Extension on every desktop you use to access the Cin7 POS in-store. Learn more.
Types of rewards you can create with Cin7
These are the discount types that you can create with Cin7:
✨ $ off storewide
✨ % off storewide
How staff redeem discounts in Cin7 via the Marsello Chrome Extension
1. Add the customer's products that they want to buy to the sale
2. Add the customer to the sale by searching for them by name or email address and clicking on their profile to add them to the sale
3. Under their Cin7 customer details on the sales screen, click Check Rewards
4. If the customer has a loyalty reward or email discount available, the staff member can click redeem next to the discount title to add it to the sale
The discount will then automatically be added to the sale.
If the customer redeemed a discount as part of their order, then:
- If they redeemed a loyalty reward, the loyalty points cost of that reward will be removed from their loyalty points balance at the same time that the discount is added to the sale. The customer's unique discount code will be displayed as the 'Addon Code' field.
- OR If they redeemed an email discount, the discount code will be removed from their account ensuring that they cannot use it again. The customer's unique discount code will be displayed as the 'Addon Code' field.
5. Complete the sale
Once the sale has been completed, the customer will earn loyalty points for their purchase.