Blacklist product collections from your loyalty program with Shopify
By default, your customers can earn points for purchasing any product from any collection.
In this article:
📝Note: Marsello uses Shopify's Product Collection ID for Product Collection Blacklisting.
How to find a Product Collection ID in Shopify
1. In your Shopify Admin, go to Products
2. Under Collections, click on the collection you would like to exclude
3. In the URL of your Collection, copy the ending set of numbers
This is your Collection's unique ID code. Please save this for the next step.
Repeat this for all of the Product Collections that you would like to exclude from your loyalty program.
How to exclude product collections from your loyalty program
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Loyalty > Settings
2. Staying on the Loyalty Settings page, scroll down to the Shopify section and look for the field Do not reward points on products that belong to one of these collections (Collection IDs):
3. Enter your Collection ID (9-digit number) in the text box, and click Add. (As you are typing in the numbers for your collection ID, the collection name will appear in the drop down menu.)
📝 Note: If you have just added the product to the product collection, it can take 15mins to sync into Marsello settings. You can exclude as many Product Collections from your loyalty program as needed. Simply add in each Collection ID one at a time separated by commas).
4. Click Save
All products in that Product Collection in Shopify will now be excluded from your loyalty program.
📝 Note: Marsello doesn't currently support Smart (Automated) Collections. If you are looking to create a collection that works in a similar fashion and syncs to Marsello, we recommend taking the following steps on your Shopify admin:
- Go to Product > Collection > Create Collection
- Set the Collection type to "Manual"
- Create a product tag specific to this collection in Shopify. Then, manually tag each product for this collection.
- From your Marsello admin, go to Order Rewarding Settings and select the tag from the drop-down menu of the field called "Do not reward points on products that are tagged with one of these collections:"
How it works – Your customers' experience
If the customer's purchase includes a product that is in the blacklisted collection, the customer will not earn points for that particular product.
In your Marsello admin, under the customer's profile, this will show as a line item in the points calculation.
📝 Note: If the customer has other products that are not a part of the blacklisted collection, the customer can still earn points for those products.
Article is closed for comments.