Blacklist product collections from your loyalty program with Shopify
🔓 Product Collection Blacklisting is unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
Blacklisting product collection(s) allows you to exclude certain groups of products from your loyalty program so that customers can't earn points for purchasing those products from the specified collection(s)
By default, your customers can earn points for purchasing any product from any collection.
In this article:
- How to find a Collection ID in Shopify
- Exclude a specific product collection from your loyalty program
- How it works – Your customers' experience
📝Note: Marsello uses Shopify's Product Collection ID for Product Collection Blacklisting.
How to find a Product Collection ID in Shopify
1. In your Shopify Admin, go to Products
2. Under Collections, click into the collection you would like to exclude
3. In the URL of your Collection, copy the ending 9 or 10 digit number
This is your Collection's unique ID code. Please save this for the next step.
Repeat this for all of the Product Collections that you would like to exclude from your loyalty program.
How to exclude product collections from your loyalty program
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Settings
2. Under Shopify Order Rewarding, go to Do not reward points on products that belong to one of these collections (Collection IDs):
3. Enter your Collection ID (9 digit number) in the text box, and click Add
📝 Note: If you have just added the product to the product collection, it can take 15mins to sync into Marsello settings. You can exclude as many Product Collections from your loyalty program as needed. Simply add in each Collection ID one at a time separated by commas).
5. Click Save
All products in that Product Collection in Shopify will now be excluded from your loyalty program.
How it works – Your customers' experience
If the customer's purchase includes a product that is in the blacklisted collection, the customer will not earn points for that particular product.
In your Marsello admin, under the customer's profile, this will show as a line item in the points calculation.
📝 Note: If the customer has other products that are not a part of the blacklisted collection, the customer can still earn points for those products.