Make sure when online customers checkout, they are added to your loyalty program and choose their default marketing opt-in settings.
You can access these settings in your Shopify Checkout Settings.
In this article:
- Shopify customer accounts settings (recommended)
- Shopify customer contact settings (recommended)
- Shopify form option settings (recommended)
- Shopify marketing opt-in settings (recommended)
- Shopify abandoned cart email settings (recommended)
Shopify customer accounts settings
Customers are automatically added to your loyalty program when they create a store account. They can do this by making a purchase in-store or online or by creating an account through your loyalty widget.
To make sure that customers can create a store account, check your Shopify Customer Accounts settings.
Set your Customer Accounts settings to: Accounts are optional
This will allow your customers to create an account at the end of the checkout process or sign-out as a guest. In both cases your customers will be added to your loyalty program and earn points for their purchase.
Shopify customer contact settings
Under Customer Contact you can choose if your customers can check out using their mobile number or email address, or just an email address. This setting will depend on your store's marketing strategy:
- If you are planning to use email marketing only, then we would recommend updating your primary contact method to be: Customer can only check out using email.
- If you are planning to use email and SMS marketing, then we would recommend updating your primary contact method to be: Customers can check out using their phone number or email
Shopify form option settings
For a customer to be successfully added to your loyalty program, Marsello requires the customer's First Name, Last Name and Email Address.
Set your Shopify Form Option settings to: Require first and last name
Shopify Email Marketing opt-in settings
Under Email Marketing, you can choose to collect marketing opt-in from your customers.
Set your Email Marketing settings to:
- Select Show a sign-up option at checkout
- Make sure that Preselect the sign-up option remains unselected.
⚠️ Important: Your customers must be able to opt-in themselves to help comply with SMS and Email Marketing laws and regulations.
Shopify abandoned cart email settings
If you have Marsello's abandoned cart recovery email flow enabled, we recommend that you disable your Shopify abandoned cart emails. This is to ensure customers that have abandoned their shopping cart don't receive multiple abandoned cart emails at once.
Make sure that Automatically send abandoned checkout emails is un-selected.