Automatically remove points for returns with Heartland Retail POS
In this article:
- 'Making a Purchase' earning points settings
- Choose when customers points are removed
- How to check the ticket's payment status in Heartland Retail POS
- How it works – Your customers' experience
Making a Purchase earning points settings
Every time a customer makes a purchase, their ticket is automatically synced to Marsello. If you have the Making a Purchase earn points option enabled, your customers will also earn points for their purchase.
If the customer wants to cancel or return their purchase, Marsello can automatically remove the points they earned for their purchase.
Under the Loyalty program settings, you can see when loyalty points are removed. By default, your customers' loyalty points are removed when if their ticket's payment status is Void.
Note: You can remove Void, and this will mean all points earned for the ticket will remain on the customer's account.
How to check the ticket's payment status in Heartland:
1. In your Heartland Admin, in the top nav, go to Sales
2. Click Tickets
3. Search for the purchase by Customer Name or Ticket ID
4. On the ticket line item, you can see the ticket's Payment Status
How it works – Your customers' experience
When the customer returns their purchase or the sale is canceled, their purchase and the ticket's updated payment status are automatically synced to your Marsello account.
If the ticket's new payment status matches your Marsello Order Rewarding settings, the customer's loyalty points will automatically be removed from their loyalty profile.