Choose when customers earn loyalty points for making a purchase with Heartland Retail POS
In this article:
Making a Purchase earning points setting
Every time a customer makes a purchase, their ticket is automatically synced to Marsello. If you have the Making a Purchase earn points option enabled, your customers will also earn points for their purchase.
Under the Loyalty program settings, you can see when loyalty points are earned. By default, your customers will earn loyalty points for their purchase if their ticket's payment status is: Complete.
Choose when customers earn points for making a purchase
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Settings
2. Under Heartland Order Rewarding, click Reward Points when Payment Status is one of:
3. From the drop-down, click to add or remove your preferred Payment Status options
📝 Note: By default, Marsello selects the 'Complete' Payment Status options.
4. Click Save
How to check the ticket's payment status in Heartland Retail POS:
1. In your Heartland Admin, in the top nav, click to Sales
2. Click Tickets
3. Search for the purchase by Customer Name or Ticket ID
4. On the ticket line item, you can see the ticket's Status
How it works – Your customers' experience
When the customer makes a purchase, their ticket details and payment status are automatically synced into your Marsello account.
If the ticket's payment status matches your Marsello Order Rewarding settings, the customer will automatically earn points for their purchase.
If you have the Earned Points Email notification turned on, the customer will also receive an email notifying how many points they earned for their purchase.
Article is closed for comments.