How to redeem rewards or email discounts in-store with Heartland Retail POS - Staff Training
⚠️ Important: To use Marsello on your Heartland Retail POS, please enable the required sites under the Integrations page.
These are the discount types that you can create with Heartland Retail POS:
✨ $ off storewide (most common)
✨ % off storewide (most common)
✨ $ off a specific product category
✨ % off a specific product category
✨ $ off when the customer's minimum spend is over $X
✨ % off when the customer's minimum spend is over $X
Learn more: Types of loyalty rewards & email discounts that you can create.
You can redeem available loyalty rewards and email discounts easily at checkout.
1. Add the customer's products that they want to buy to the sale
2. Click Add customer
3. Searching for the customer by name or email address
4. Click the Customer's ID to add them to the sale
5. Click the Show Rewards button at the bottom of the sales screen
If the customer redeemed a discount as part of their order, then:
- If they redeemed a loyalty reward, the loyalty points cost of that reward will be removed from their loyalty points balance at the same time that the discount is added to the sale.
- OR If they redeemed an email discount, the discount code will be removed from their account ensuring that they cannot use it again.
7. Complete the sale
Once the sale has been completed, the customer will earn loyalty points for their purchase.