Staff Training - How to ensure customers earn points for purchases in-store with Heartland Retail POS
In this article:
To use Marsello on your Heartland Retail POS, please enable the required sites under the Integrations page.
How to reward loyalty points for in-store purchases
For customers to earn loyalty points for their purchase, all your staff needs to do is add the customer to the sale in Heartland Retail POS.
1. Add the customer's products that they want to buy to the sale
2. Click Add customer
3. Search for the customer by name or email address
4. Click the Customer's ID to add them to the sale
5. Complete the sale
Your customer will automatically receive their loyalty points once the sale is completed in Heartland Retail POS.
How it works – Your customers' experience
The customer will automatically earn points for their purchase and if you have your Earned Points Email turned on, they will automatically be notified by email.
This email will let them know how many loyalty points they have earned, their new loyalty points balance, and how many points they are away from their next reward.
Check how many points the customer earned
Every time a customer makes a purchase, the Heartland Retail POS ticket is automatically synced to the customer's profile in Marsello. If you have the Making a Purchase earn points option enabled, customers, will also earn points for their purchase.
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Customers
2. Search for the customer by name or email address
3. Click the customer's name to open their profile
4. Under the customer's profile, under Orders, look for the customer's ticket ID
- Ticket ID: This is the unique ID that Heartland Retail POS uses to identify the customer's purchase, this is also hyperlinked to the ticket in your Heartland Retail POS Back Office.
- Grand Total: The total amount of the purchase
- Points Awarded: The number of points the customer earned for their purchase
- Points Calculation: This is a breakdown of how Marsello calculated the number of points that the customer earned for their purchase. Marsello uses your Points Rewarding Settings to determine if the customer should earn points for their purchase and how many points they should receive.